WELCOME! Christ welcomed all who were searching for truth, peace and joy! We, the Roman Catholic faith community of Our Lady of Sorrows welcomes all people to come and find truth and peace within our walls. A joy filled community based on Sacred Scripture, Tradition, and the Sacraments seeks to provide an inviting and spiritually fulfilling faith journey for all who seek a deeper, truth filled relationship with the risen Christ. We sincerely hope to offer hospitality and friendship to everyone in the name of Christ our Savior. Please come join us!
May God’s peace be with you,
The parishioners of Our Lady of Sorrows
Weather Cancellation Policy
As the weather begins to change here in the Southern Tier, inclement weather more than likely will happen. Our weather cancellation policy will be as follows:
- If the Vestal Schools are delayed or cancelled due to inclement weather, 7:30am Daily Mass will be cancelled.
- If schools are cancelled, dismissed early or after school activities are cancelled all evening activities are cancelled at Our Lady of Sorrows.
- If Vestal Schools are delayed or cancelled, the parish office will open at 9:30am.
Do you have coats that you don’t need anymore? Donate them! Winter will be here and there are people in our community who could use a nice warm coat. Please bring your coats November 17 & 18. We will be collecting your new and gently used coats before and after all Masses that weekend. Please only donate new or clean & reusable coats.
A Prayer for Missionary Disciples
Watch here for news on our next Alpha!
Saturday Vigil, 5:15 pm
Daily Mass Monday - Thursday, 7:30 am
Saturday, 9:00 am
Holy Days, 6:30 am, 9:00 am, & 6:00 pm
Holidays 9:00 am
Reconciliation: Saturday, 4-4:45 pm or by appointment
Join us for a Special Youth Mass Sunday, November 18th, 8:30am Mass AND be a part of our OLS Food Re-Fill Our Pantry Food Drive. Yes, we CAN…give one more can!
We are all called to be Christ’s Hands on earth, so let’s Lend the hungry a helping hand. We invite all kids to bring in one or two non-perishable food items to the 8:30 am Mass on November 18th. At the Offertory, you will be invited to place your offerings on the steps of the altar. Yes—we have asked for food for the Thanksgiving Food Baskets already, but now we have to fill the pantry back up for December! Want to know what to bring in? Check the Bulletin for non-perishable food donation ideas, donate what YOU like to eat, or consider these ideas: paper towels, ketchup, mustard, brownie mix, personal care products like soap or shampoo, beef soup, or raisin bran. Your donation will help support the 246 men, women and children that come to the Our Lady of Sorrows Food Pantry for help.
- Father John Donovan, Pastor
- Deacon Dale Crotsley, Youth/Pastoral Minister
- Jackie Adams, Director of Faith Formation
- Diane Rigotti, Director of RCIA/Adult Faith Formation
- Matthew Vavalle, Music Director
- Amy Sullivan, Business Administrator
- Kathryn O'Brien, Information Technology
- Kelley Marconi, Bulletin Editor
- Bob Rostiser, Maintenance
- Peter Klie, Maintenance
- Mitch Bomysoad, Maintenance
Closed on Friday
After all Masses on Hospitality Weekends (the 3rd weekend of the month, September through May)
Our Lady of Sorrows just got FORMED! - THE BEST CATHOLIC CONTENT ALL IN ONE PLACE!
Please enjoy this free subscription to Formed.org, where you can stream hundreds of hours of inspiring movies and video series, read bestselling Catholic eBooks, and listen to audio presentations from the Church’s most compelling speakers! All available from virtually any device...anytime, anywhere.
It's easy to register:
- Go to Formed.org
- Enter our PARISH CODE on the homepage: YVN4RP
- Create a personal account with your email and password
- Access the truth, beauty, and meaning of the Catholic Faith anytime, anywhere ...with FORMED